4.1.15

Introduction ǁ Experiments in Optimism




  1. Sanguine:

    Optimistic or positive, especially in an apparently bad or difficult situation.

    Synonyms:   optimistic, hopeful, buoyant, positive, disposed to look on the bright side, cheerful, bright

  2. Antonyms:   pessimistic, gloomy

    
  1. Hey there! Welcome to Sanguine Stories! I'm Minna, a twenty-something student from India and here's a little bit of my story.



    Close to four years ago, I started architecture school. The journey so far has been splendid, a rollercoaster ride might i say. I have had the good fortune to have met wonderful teachers, made fast friends, learned loads and created invaluable memories. However, for the past year or so I haven't been in the most positive headspace. I understand that nobody can be expected to have sunshine and rainbows beaming out their faces all the time, but I began to notice that negativity came to me much easier than being happy did. It didn't just affect me, but the people around me too. I made a conscious effort to keep a watch on myself, surrounding myself with positive people, even taking the 100 days of happiness challenge (which i failed at miserably). I  still don't know what was causing this burnout but I was desperate for change. 
  2. Summer of 2014, I  stepped out of my comfort zone. My friend and I enrolled for a brief academic project in Jamaica. I was very very hesitant at first, but I decided to take the plunge. It turned out to be one of the best experiences of my life so far. Rejuvenated, the following months were better, but slowly the cycle started repeating itself. Boredom, procrastination, binge TV watching and finally stress. I became indifferent, stopped wanting to learn, which was an extremely scary thought.

  3. A result of all the crying and the moping is this blog. This blog is my attempt to bring back  lost enthusiasm, establish a routine, push myself to get out, try new things and say yes to more things. There's so much to learn from the world! I can't stand myself for having done nothing for far too long. Ugh. 

    So join me in my little project, my own small space on the internet where I will share with you my experiments in optimism, stories of my travels, art and architecture, DIYs, food, health and lifestyle! I hope somehow, somewhere, somebody is inspired to explore the wonders around us.


  4. To 2015 - It's a new dawn, it's a new day, it's a new life for me. Feeling Good.



    Stick around for a while, won't you?




2 comments:

  1. Great--now you've inspired me to procrastinate!
    I just wanted to say that the idea behind your blog is beautiful and so are you! (Now that I can put a face to your comments ;) ) Hooray for happiness! Wishing you the best of luck in all of your endeavors and please don't hesitate to reach out at any time! Looking forward to seeing how your blog develops! xx

    <(') Hoda

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so so much, Hoda! That really means a lot to me :) I appreciate you visiting my blog, and yes I shall definitely get in touch if I need any help. I finally stopped procrastinating and got some work done. How did that go for you?

      Minna x

      Delete

I'd love to hear what you have to say! Thank you for your comment :)